The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, an international Catholic lay organization, leads men and women to join together to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person service to those who are needy and suffering. The Society is dedicated to living out Jesus’ call to love our neighbor through service.
The St. Simon Society of St. Vincent de Paul responds to requests for emergency services from families and individuals living within the borders of our parish in addition to those from other SVDP conferences. The Society aids clients by providing food, clothing, household items or monetary assistance, when needed, for rent, motel and other emergency services.
Parishioner donations fund 100% of the charitable activities of the Society with the 5th Sunday collections and generous individual donations. The ongoing food drive at the parish and the seasonal food drives by the Saint Simon School & CFF Families provide much of the food distributed to the local needy.
Those in need of assistance may contact the St. Vincent de Paul Society by contacting the parish office at 650-967-8311 or by email: SVDP@stsimon.org. All calls/emails are kept confidential.
The Society is always seeking new members and accepting contributions. If you would like to participate more actively in any of our programs, please contact B.C. or Tom at the parish office 650-967-8311 or by email: SVDP@stsimon.org
Here’s a list of our programs.
Food Collection for the needy:
- Weekly food drop off at entrances of Church.
- Pantry food drives by St. Simon School and CFF families.
- Thanksgiving Turkey Drive Food Distribution for the needy
- St. Simon parishioners staff the St. Anthanasius Food Pantry every Saturday morning
- Regular distribution of food bags from the Rectory Office
- Thanksgiving turkey and food box delivery
- Christmas Giving Tree gifts and food distribution
- Annual backpack and school supply collection for needy children in Mountain View and East Palo Alto
- Easter Basket distribution to needy children
- Gifts of emergency money, shelter, clothes and furniture
- Financial aid scholarships for Saint Simon School families
- In-home and personal visits