Guidelines for Outdoor Mass
It is necessary for us to observe County directives, and those of the Diocese of San Jose, in order to ensure we protect the health and safety of our parishioners wishing to gather for Eucharist. We will require everyone in attendance to follow these guidelines as we come together for our outdoor celebrations.
- A total of 200 people are allowed to gather outside, including the Presider, ministers, and the assembly.
- All persons over the age of six are required to wear a face covering and follow social distancing of six feet between non family members. Hands must be sanitized when entering the worship space and before receiving Communion. We will have some masks on hand but hope that you will bring your own.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer to use before receiving Communion.
- We recommend you check your temperature at home, and do not plan to attend if it is elevated above normal. If you are feeling at all ill, please do not attend.
- Reservations may be made online for Sunday Masses. Those without computer access may call in to the Rectory to make a reservation. Please be sure to cancel your reservation as soon as you know you are unable to attend.
- All buildings on the campus will be closed so please do not enter except in the case of needing the restroom.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before Mass. Park in the front parking lot and use the Rectory side sidewalk to get to the gathering area in front of the church. Put your mask on as you leave your car. Proceed to the check in table in front of the parish center. As you wait to check in please observe 6-foot distances.
- Check in area will have hand sanitizer, extra masks, gloves if you prefer, and a collection basket if you are not participating in online giving. After checking in, please use the sanitizer and proceed to the seating area. Enter a row from the right and walk through to the furthest available seat in the row.
- We will not be singing during the outdoor Masses.
- When it is time for Communion, please use your personal sanitizer and sanitize your hands before receiving. We will also have a dispenser outside the seating area. Everyone must sanitize their hands before receiving Eucharist.
- Please stay at your seat and the Presider will come to you. Fully extend your arms and hold your hands out to receive the Body of Christ. When he as stepped away, drop your mask to consume the Blessed Sacrament, then replace your mask.
- We may not congregate after Mass. Please exit your row to the left (school side) and use that sidewalk to return to your car.
- The Presider will ask for several volunteers to stay behind to assist with sanitizing for the next Liturgy.
Thank you for your attention to these details. We look forward to seeing you soon.