Source and Summit
- Youth Ministry Goals for Students and Their Families
- Seek to encounter and build an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Establish active participation in the Catholic Church, especially by participating in the Sunday Liturgy [Eucharist], using their unique gifts and charisms.
- Create a welcoming, including and affirming community for all.
- Practice Christian charity and justice both in the home, by helping parents and siblings, and in their community, through service projects.
- Empower to be responsible leaders who fully recognize and share their unique gifts and talents with family, church and their immediate and global communities.
The MS YM selected the name Source
The HS YM selected the name Summit
The naming comes from the Catechism of the Catholic Church which states that, “The Eucharist is the source
of the Catholic life.”
Source MS YM (Middle School Youth Ministry)
is a faith formation program for 6th, 7th and 8th grade youth. The program meets on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month from 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. , followed by youth oriented Mass at 5:00 Sunday. On 1st Sundays: we will have an activity-based youth fellowship. On 3rd Sundays: we will be making our journey of faith following the Chosen program from Ascension Press. Contact Youthministry@stsimon.org
for more information, or call 650.967.8311. All youth grades 6 – 8 are welcome to atttend.
Summit HS YM (High School Youth Ministry)
is our high school youth program which meets on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month from 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. followed by the 5:00 p.m. Mass. All 9th -12th graders are welcome. The program has a social component, a service component and faith sharing opportunities all led by a Teen/College Leadership Team. Contact Youthministry@stsimon.org
for more information, or call 650-967-8311
– Preparation for Confirmation is normally celebrated in 8th grade. All Catholic students registered in Saint Simon School 8th grade or Middle School Youth Ministry 8th graders are considered Confirmation Candidates
Youth expecting to be Confirmed (8th graders) should plan on:
- Active participation in the monthly faith journey
- Active journaling during the faith journey
- Attending a “Hybrid” Confirmation Retreat in May